Sunday, April 25, 2010

Thing #18

This learning exercise was a lot of fun because I use social networking every day. I have a facebook account and I enjoy being able to stay connected with family and friends that are far away. It is important for educators to know how social networking works because it is the most commonly used form of transportation among students of all ages today. I like facebook because it is really easy to use and there is not a ridiculous amount of advertising like there is on some other social networking sites. I could see using facebook in the classroom. A special private group just for the class would have to be made and all students would have to have an account. There would have to be strong monitoring by the teacher for the younger students who would be using this networking site.

No comments:

Post a Comment